Adding Product Options and Variants
Variants are added to a product that comes in more than one option, such as size or color. Each combination of option(s) for a product is a variant for that product.
For example, if you sell apparel, your long sleeve shirt may have one or two product options like size and color. The size option has three values: small, medium, and large. The color option has two values: black and grey. One variant of this product would be a grey, small, long sleeve shirt.
Product options can be created when products are first created or added in at a later time.
Adding a Product Option and Option Values
1. Navigate to "Products" in the left-hand rail of your admin panel
2. Locate the product you wish to add an option to by either manually locating the product in the list or searching for the product in the search bar
3. Once the product is located, double click on the product to open the product listing
4. First, click on the gray "+ Add Option" button just above and to the right of the table
5. Next, find the newly created "New Option" column in the table; click the downward facing arrow, then click "Option Settings"
6. From here you, you can dictate what this option will be by filling out the following inputs:
Option Name - This is the internal reference for the option. This will be used on the Consumer notifications and also shown within the order details of the order screen on Quivers.
Option Order - You can determine what in what order to display the option. For example, if a product comes in two colors, but not all sizes are applicable for each color, you can select the color option to display first and the only size options which will display are the ones available in the selected color.
Select Text - Consumers will see the text entered here as the Option Name.
Required - This setting determines if a Customer must select the option before adding the product to the cart. For example, you may create an option for a free additional sticker which does not impair the product being added to the cart if nothing is selected.
Control Type - Select which display type you would like Consumers to see when viewing the option menu. There two options to select from:
Dropdown List - This will display the products in a menu that when clicked will display the multiple options. This is the Default setting.
Grid - This displays the options in small boxes within a grid. The most common options used with this style are sizes. If you plan to use images to represent your options (like color swatches) select grid display so that the images you add for the color representation will display.
7. Next, you will need to populate the Product Option, with the possible values to be selected; to do this click the gray "+ Add Option Value" button as seen in the screenshot above
8. This will add a new row to the Option Values table
9. With the new Option Value added, you can dictate what is different about this product (e.g. color or size)
10. You can edit the following:
Name - This is the name of the option value Consumers will see when selecting the product option of their preference.
Default - If set to "No" next to an option, that will not be the option that is pre-selected when the consumer is viewing the product. To set a value as default, click on "No" and update to "True."
Image - If using the "Grid" control type, image swatches can be used. We recommend that the image be no larger than 50 X 50 pixels. Quivers only supports .png and .jpeg formats.
Price Types - For every price type created, a column in the option will display. For example, the business in the screenshot above has two price types, a "Standard (USD)" and a "Wholesale(USD)" so there are two columns present.
11. Then click the blue "Save Changes" button to create the Option with the Option Values
*Note: to add additional product options, follow steps 4-7 above until all desired options have been created.
12. If needed, use the "Delete Product Option" to delete the full option, and all of the option values within it. To delete a single option value like a specific color within a color option, select the red trashcan to the far right of the option row.
Adding a Product Variant
1. To add a new variant (or the different combinations of Product Options), click the gray "+ Add Variant" button; this will add a new row to the Product Variants table called "New Variant"
2. With both the New Variant and Product Option (with Product Values) created, simply enter all the information in the cells of that product's row
3. Finally, be sure to click the blue "Save" button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to save all changes