How to Add Special Pricing to Products
Each price type created will have a regular price and a special price. When a product is put on sale for a lower price, you may want your consumers to see the regular price, so that they know the value of the discount. To display a special price (sale price), your product variant needs to include a start and end date for the special price entered.
You can achieve the same with a discount, however, the consumer will not see the discount until applying a code or navigating to their cart. Using a special price instead is a great way to capture interest on the product page.
Let's have a look at how to create Special Pricing:
1. Navigate to Products in the left-hand rail of the Quivers Admin Panel
2. Locate the product you wish to add special pricing to by either searching through the folders manually, or typing the product name into the search bar
3. Once the product is located, double click to open the product
4. The product details tab will open up; scroll down to the Product Variant table, and scroll to the right-hand side of the table
5. You will be able to see the columns of "Standard Pricing" and "Wholesale Pricing" have a "Special Pricing" option
6. Under the pricing column that is used in your Storefront (Marketplace), click into the input field above the "Special Price" verbiage
7. Then, entered the desired Special Price and assign that price a "Start Date" and "End Date"; this step is necessary in order for the pricing to show in your Storefront
8. Once done, click the blue "Save" button in the top right-hand corner of the page
9. After Special Pricing has been added, be sure to Refresh from the Hovercart settings to make the changes visible to consumers in your Storefront