Marketplaces and Storefronts
*Note: If you are looking for “Marketplaces,” these have been renamed to “Storefronts” within Quivers. They are no longer managed within the “Products” view, and now have their own view accessible from the left hand side menu in the admin panel.
This article will walk you through creating your Storefronts and editing your Storefront Templates.
“Storefronts” are how products can be sold through Quivers. The Storefront Type determines if a storefront is for the Quivers HoverCart, or for your eCommerce Platform. “HoverCart” type storefronts use “Templates” which determine how your products will be categorized and sold in the HoverCart. “Templates” can be used across many storefronts, so if you want to sell the same products across many different price types, a single template can be used.
How to Create a Storefront:
A Storefront is connected to a price type, which determines the currency and price of the products sold in that storefront. If you need help setting up your price types, please refer to this article here: How to Set Up Price Types.
Here are the instructions on how to set up new Storefronts:
1. Log Into Quivers and click into the “Marketplaces” tab on the left-hand side of the admin panel. When that drops down, click “Storefronts.”
2. Once you have arrived in “Storefronts” you can create new Storefronts, or edit existing Storefronts. To create a new Storefront, click on the blue “New Storefront” Icon in the upper right corner of the storefronts screen.
3. Name your storefront by filling in the "Storefront Name" field and select the type of storefront you want from the "Choose Storefront Type" dropdown. “HoverCart” type storefronts will require a Template (you can either create a new template which will need a name or use an existing one), whereas storefronts for plugins like Magento or WooCommerce will not require a template.
4. Click "Create" and you are ready to set up your storefront!
Setting up your Storefront:
1. Click on the option to upload a Notification Logo. *This is the logo that will be attached to any emails sent from Quivers to your consumer.
2. Confirm your “Storefront Type” (e.g. HoverCart or the type of eCommerce plugin), and Price Type. The “Merchant Name” is the business name that will be used for this storefront. For example, if you are a multi-merchant, merchant, and are selling products of a specific merchant on this storefront, you would add the customer-facing merchant name here.
You will also want to populate the remaining customer support details for this storefront, such as the support website, email, and phone number, for use in the customer-facing emails.
3. From here, you can confirm the settings for how your storefront behaves.
- Product Review Reminders: If enabled, a notification will go out to customers reminding them to leave a review of the products after X days have passed. The product must have reviews enabled for this notification to be sent.
- Enable Fraud Rejection: Quivers automatically reviews all orders to determine if they are fraudulent purchases. Enabling this setting will allow you to override a fraud detection from our system, allowing you to proceed with fulfillment. If you override fraud rejection you will be liable for any chargebacks or disputes on that order.
- Order Item Stacking: If enabled, items which are purchased with a quantity greater than 1 will be grouped as a single item with X quantity for order management. Otherwise, the item will be split into separate line items, each with a quantity of 1.
- Fulfiller Inventory: Storefronts must use fulfiller inventory if you intend to use the Order Auto-Assignment feature. Additionally, if a storefront uses fulfiller inventory, the fulfiller’s inventory will contribute to whether or not products are considered “In Stock” and available for purchase in the HoverCart. Select “Merchant Inventory Only” if you want only your warehouse inventory to determine if products are “In Stock” in the HoverCart.
- Fulfiller Order Availability Rate: This determines how many orders are made available to your fulfiller network, or merchant exclusive. 100% means all orders are made available to fulfillers. 0% means all orders will be merchant exclusive.
- Warehouses: Select which warehouses this storefront will be pulling inventory from, if applicable. If your storefront is a HoverCart type, you will need at least one warehouse for products to be sellable. Click here for more information about warehouses.
At this point if your storefront is an eCommerce plugin type, such as WooCommerce, you are done. If you are using a HoverCart, we will need to set up your HoverCart settings.
1. First, select your Storefront Template by choosing the correct one from the "Select Connected Template" dropdown.
2. Enter your desired web domains by clicking on the “Add +” button under "Domains." The HoverCart will only be able to load on a website that has one of these domains, so ensure that you have added any domain where you want the HoverCart to appear. Some example values might be “www.example.com,” “*.example.com” (to allow loading on any subdomain of example.com), “example.com” (to allow loading on the root domain, as well as any subdomain).
3. Enter your Google Analytics code if applicable to the "Enter Google Analytics Code" input box.
4. Select your Shipping settings and appropriate Shipping Policies for this Storefront. If you have questions about Shipping Policies please see the articles here: Shipping.
5. Select your HoverCart Type. Public HoverCart Storefronts are visible to the general public. Private HoverCart types are only visible to selected Consumer Groups. If you have questions about Consumer Groups please see the articles here: Consumers.
6. Toggle on (blue) the "Allow Returns" option if your merchant plans to allow consumers to return products. If you do not, simply toggle it off (grey). If enabled, you may populate a Return Address; this will be the address customers are instructed to return products to for this storefront. Otherwise, your default business address will be used as the return address.
7. Enter your desired HoverCart Landing Page Content in the text field at the bottom of the page in the "HoverCart Landing Page Content" input box. The content added here will show up on the landing page of the product view in the HoverCart. Once that is entered, click "Save" in the upper right hand corner.
If your storefront is now fully configured and you’re ready to set up your HoverCart, you can now copy your HoverCart code to be used on the website of your choice. If you have questions about your HoverCart code and where it needs to be used, please refer to this article: https://developers.quivers.com/hovercart/.
Creating a New Template:
Templates are how products are organized and categorized in the HoverCart products' view of selling. Products must be added to a template for them to be sellable in the HoverCart.
If you have multiple storefronts which have the same consumer experience or combination of products sold, we recommend configuring a single template to manage the product layout for all of these storefronts, for ease of setup and maintenance.
To create a new template:
1. Click On the “Marketplaces” tab on the left hand side in your Quivers admin panel.
2. Click on the “Templates” tab that drops down after you click on Marketplaces.
3. To create a new Template, click the “New Template” button in the top right corner of the Templates screen. This will prompt you to create a new Template. Name the Template and associate it with the appropriate Storefronts.
*Helpful tip: Templates can also be created at the same time as creating a new storefront if you so choose.