Claiming Policies enable Fulfillers to be notified about orders for certain products. If all of your products are in a claiming policy, then the full catalog will be shared with Fulfillers when orders occur. If only select products are in a claiming policy, then only the products within a claiming policy will be shared with Fulfillers.
For example, if a Merchant wanted to share all products except replacement parts with their retail network, they would create a claiming policy called "All Products Without Replacement Parts." They would then add all the products with the exception of the replacement parts.
The Claiming Policy tab under Fulfillment allows you to accomplish the following
1. Create New Claiming Policies
2. Edit Existing Claiming Policies
Create a Claiming Policy
1. Expand the "Fulfillment" tab in the left-hand rail of the admin panel, then click on "Claiming Policies."
2. Click the blue "+ Add New Policy" button; give your policy a name and hit the blue"Add" button
. Once created, click the blue pencil icon to the right of the policy name; the edit screen will load, and you can dictate the following for the claiming policy:
- Claiming Policy Name: the internal facing name for you to reference easily
your claiming policy and assign it to fulfillers.
- Policy Type: this allows you to choose if a policy will allow only selected items to be offered to fulfillers (Whitelist) or if all items except the selected items will be offered to fulfillers (Blacklist).
- Authorize by Catalog: this section allows you to choose the individual products that should be considered within the policy. To do so, simply click the checkboxes next to the entire folders, or click to expand and check off individual products.
- Can Claim Expedited Orders: this feature allows fulfillers to claim orders where the consumer has selected an Expedited Shipping Method.
- Favored: this toggle ties directly into the "Favored" timing in the Order Routing section; if this toggle is enabled and fulfillers are in this policy, the A favored timer must have time added to it for said fulfillers to be given a "first chance" at those orders.
- Allowed Fulfillment Methods: these checkboxes allow you to determine if
fulfillers can ship orders or participate in an in-store pickup. *Note: In-Store Pickup is currently ONLY in beta testing for our HoverCart Merchants. This option is not yet readily available to all Merchants/Fulfillers within Quivers.
- Restrict by Storefronts: if toggled on (as seen in the screenshot below), this option allows for you to choose which specific Storefronts this Claiming Policy can fulfill; if left in the off position, the Claiming Policy will apply to all Storefronts by default.
Edit Existing Claiming Policies
To edit existing Claiming Policies, navigate to "Claiming Policies" under "Fulfillment" in the left-hand navigation of the admin panel. Once loaded, simply click the blue pencil icon to the right of the Claiming Policy name to make any desired changes.